Sunday, June 7, 2015

Lunch at Le Bougnat 2

Bill and I went back to La Bougnat for lunch last Wednesday.
We had a good look at the daily menu posted in the window. The Grande Crudités (légumes de saison frais -- seasonal vegetable salad) caught my eye.
Bill decided on the chicken and chips (Poulet fermier frites).
We haven't tried their desserts yet. Today may be the day.
 It was a lovely day. The side door was open onto the quiet street.
 My salad arrived with extra vinaigrette on the side. I was not going to let it go to waste.
There is a wonderful calm atmosphere at Le Bougnat.
 Bill arrived with a migraine which lifted after we were seated.
You can't go wrong with this popular French lunch dish.
We've eaten a lot of meat on this trip. I wanted to let our vegetarian readers know that they won't go hungry in Paris. The salad was exactly what I was in the mood for. I would order this again.
 We did order dessert and were glad we did.
 I had the chocolate mousse -- so tasty.
Bill had the tart of the day -- it was divine. This family-run restaurant is our favourite in Paris and this meal has been the most enjoyable so far.

3 comments: