Monday, August 4, 2014

Civic Holiday Weekend

Bill and I had a lazy weekend at home.
I have two library books for this week's lunch reading. Think I'll start with the Vargas. Those cucumbers are fresh from a friend's garden.
Went shopping at Type today.
Bought a book about Marcel Duchamp's readymade "Pharmacie"
Shawn Micallef's The Trouble with Brunch
and Moyra Davey's Burn the Diaries. I loved Davey's last book: Long Life Cool White and this one looks fascinating, with lots of pictures and an account of her reading Jean Genet.
Lately I've been thinking about making my own photo books so I was interested to see the nice contrast between the matt paper of the text and the coated paper of the photographs.
 Took me a while to work out that this was a picture of a photograph folded to go through the mail.
 These top two rectangles are the front and back of the letter with the rest of the photo folded inside and bits of tape holding it together.
Bill brought out some slices of the cucumbers. Is he divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment