Thursday, May 15, 2014

Brick Lane Market

It was a chilly, damp and windy morning last Sunday when John and I walked up "our street" to visit the famous Brick Lane Market.

I was strongly reminded of my first visit in the early 1970's. There is still a wild variety of wares for sale --antiques, junk, housewares, secondhand clothing, bicycles etc and the crowds of bargain hunters of all ages and social stratas and the often surly, chatty sellers that line the narrow off-streets and vacant lots.

"Buy 'em quick, before the wind blows 'em away!"

 

3 comments:

  1. Did you buy anything?

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not Thai time, Cheri, but we'll be back.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, you should view my Brimfield Antique and Collectibles May show; similarly to your a bit. Don't make fun of me, I am most sensitive. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete