Friday, March 29, 2013

Write Bookshop

Whenever John and I visit St Catharines we stop by the Write Bookshop on St Paul Street near the bus station.
 It's one of those huge second hand bookstores
overflowing with potential finds.
The stairs lead to a second floor specializing in hardcover books.
 Anything can be found. One of my favourites was a book on how to shoe your horse.
In March there was a 1/2 price sale happening.
 This last visit we bought Wonders of Rome, a travel guide published in 1956 and a 1962 Ballantine paperback, Firsts of the Famous, The stories which started Notable Careers including stories by Tennessee Williams, Truman Capote and Carson McCullers.
 Write is always worth a visit.

3 comments:

  1. I walked today in my town of Sterling, MA and I did not frequent Oh My Gosh Antiques etc. for fear of not being a nuisance. Folks do not like me; anyhow, I had forgotten that I wanted to peruse their book section because the last time I was there, I noticed some books on Women Writers (not a particular favorite) but the book I saw stood out; and remembering it was women's month, I wanted to view this book again. And I forgot to stop there today.

    My habit is to frequent places where folks hurt me rather than help me; all my life has been lived as such and I cannot break the cycle. So very shameful. Thank you for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great, classic bookstore, seule771. Hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete