Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sunday at the AGO

When Bill saw that this house didn't have any cars in front of it he took the picture. It is across the street from the Art Gallery of Ontario.
We were on our way to the AGO to look at the Goya and James Gillray etchings and lithographs. Later we got caught up in this room and the one's nearby.
Bill agreed to have a peek at the Contemporary art on the 5th floor, so he got the elevator while I took a picture of this nice furniture.
We love to walk down the Frank Gehry spiral staircase from the 5th floor.
The view is wonderful.
The way the stairs frame the view is wonderful.
Bill composed this fabulous abstraction.
It's always fun to go down these stairs.
Gehry's staircase ends in the Walker Court.
Bill calls this Elmslie Descending a Staircase
Bill
He asked me if the famous staircase reminded me of an umbilical cord or an intestine. Both, definitely.
On our way back to Spadina I had a better look at this boarded-up shop-renovation embedded amongst the crowded shopfronts on the south side of Dundas in Chinatown.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't that an amazing spiral! It's got to be my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must agree, rarecat. Worth a trip to the AGO all on its own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. found your wonderful blog. Take me with you!!!!!!! keep posting fellas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome aboard, Jeff! We try to keep the posts coming and in May when we go to Berlin they should be particularly regular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. TNG Services

    ReplyDelete