Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sample Photographs

I took the week off work with the idea of printing the photos for the show of photographs I'm going to have in November. I've been spending a lot of time looking at the sample prints my printer has made for me. These allow me to see how the final photographs will look, in case I need to make any adjustments to the digital files. Here are a bunch on the dining room table.
Here's Bill having a look. Those are finished photographs in the portfolio on the left -- safe under plastic. I picked up four more prints today from MarcoRmedia. I now have 20 finished photos and I'm very pleased with how they've come out.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! You have so many fabulous photos to chose from, I don't know how you ever narrowed it down to 20.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, when I look at them, I see nothing. But this NY trip is very inspiring and giving me lots of ideas. I may even have found a quote for the show. Here's Charles Burchfield [at the Whitney] on his Study for Sun & Rocks: "Astonishment and wonder are the keynotes for this picture -- eliminate all else."

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best photographs will stand above the rest -- it's easy to spot the truth when you see it.

    ReplyDelete