Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter with Reta

Bill and I went to visit his mother in St Catharines last weekend. 
She served us lunch and we watched Sandra Bullock's All About Steve, which was, indeed, Raspberry material, but we enjoyed it.
Then we were ready to go out and in high spirits Reta let me snoop around her bedroom and take pictures.
Here are Bill and Reta waiting for the taxi. A faux-Annunciation?
We got into the taxi and roared through the city
to the Swiss Chalet at the Fairview Mall.
Did I mention we were in very high spirits? Reta looks like we all felt. Then we walked over to the mall to the Zehrs for some grocery shopping.
I was looking for pictures so fell way behind. I loved this car and its reflection.
I loved this collection of shopping carts.
We have Reta's list-driven shopping thing down,
so we were lined up at checkout in a twinkling.

2 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh. I think it's a requirement that all moms/grandma's of a certain age love swiss chalet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It is a truth universally acknowledged..." You're funny! Even though she prefers to call it the Chicken Chalet. Gawd, we love her!

    ReplyDelete